Welcome to SignPig
The all-new online resource for sign makers and designers.
Press & News
Venturing to the car wraps business without vehicle wrap templates can be a very difficult task. You will have to get accurate measurements of the cars, which can take a very long time. Investing in very good and reliable car wrap templates gives you more time and energy to perfect your designs. Of course, you still have to check out the car, truck or van for modifications to make sure you won’t redo your designs. Once you have your vehicle wrap templates, take note of these 6 useful tips:
- Get the exact type and model of car, truck or van the wrap will be applied on. Now, there are thousands of vehicle models and types in the market. Ask your client what you will be working on and tell them to inform you if there are any irregularities made on the surface. You can also check out the actual vehicle yourself to see any modifications.
- Source the matching vehicle template for the car. Many websites offer vehicle wrap templates. There’s SignSilo, which offers affordable, high quality car wrap templates. Other great sources include The Bad Wrap, which features quick quote calculations, and Pro Vehicle Outlines, which offers custom vehicle wraps. Each has their own positive features. Just choose one that suits your creative needs and budget.
- Collect file specifications from the printing service and design with them in mind. Before you start on your vehicle wrap design, be sure to ask the printing service what file format they are able to work on, so you don’t have to spend more time or reworks. Your client will also greatly appreciate it as they will know where to open or edit the files.
- Open the template files in your editor of choice. Many editing software are available in the market. As a designer, surely you are using one. It is best to make sure that the file can be opened in your and your client’s editing applications. Photoshop is one of the most commonly used editors, but it’s best to save your designs on files that is compatible to most editing desktop apps.
- Create a mockup to get the approval of your client first. To avoid any reworks in the future, be sure to check with your client before printing your designs. This will save you a lot of time. You can make changes easily, too. Don’t assume that your client will like your work. Always ask them what they want and show your design to see if it matches their expectations.
- Once approved, bring your car wrap design within the specified requirements of your chosen printing service. By doing so, the printing service can print your vehicle wrap design without any troubles, and your design will run down the streets in no time.
When designing with vehicle wrap templates, keep these 6 tips in mind to make sure you create a successful car wrap design. You will save plenty of your time and energy to perfect your artwork. Where can you find marvelous vehicle wrap templates? Well, you can bring your design to life with template files from SignSilo. They have robust catalog of vehicle templates at convenient and affordable buying system. Other designs also consider vehicle graphics templates from The Bad Wrap and Pro Vehicle Outlines.
Getting started with your car wrapping business is not an easy task, but it could be – thanks to vehicle wrap templates. You don’t have to spend too much time and effort acquiring accurate measurement of vehicles across the state to jump start your project. All you have to do is find a good and reliable provider of vehicle wrap templates. There are three companies that top the vinyl vehicle wraps industry today. You can get your vehicle graphics from them for high quality and reasonable template files.
Once you have the templates you need, you can follow the following steps to guide you into designing vehicle wraps for your clients.
- The Design Process. If you are a graphic designer, you surely have no problem making your own designs. Getting vehicle wrap templates is just a bonus that spares much of your time. Gone are the days when you have to measure and re-measure your clients’ cars, vans and trucks. You just have to take the model of the vehicle, source the matching template, collect specifications from the printing service and create the design. Then, you can show the mockup to your clients and deliver the final vinyl wrap car design once approved.
- Car Wrap Materials. Once you have the perfect car wrap design, you need to get the best materials and use the right installation practices to ensure your project’s success. This is only possible if the vinyl you use is of top quality. These three, 3M, APA and Arlon, are three of the best quality materials used for vinyl wrapping in the industry. You can get them from reputable, first-class companies. Keep in mind that getting the wrong materials could result to badly fitted graphics, unwanted effects and even vinyl bubbles.
- Printing the Vinyl Car Wrap. Printing vinyl vehicle wraps can’t be easily done at your house or office. You need a wide format digital printer and the services of those who operate them. So before you start on the design process, pick a printing service that suits your needs and budget. Before you okay the design for printing, check the quality of the product as well. Make sure the printing service takes care of the print profile to make your design better than paint job. After checking all these, your vinyl wrapping design is ready to be installed.
- The Installation Process. As the final step of designing vinyl wrap car using vehicle graphics templates for your car wrapping business, the installation process involves four vital steps – preparation, facility, installation and post-installation. Properly installing the car wrap is an art itself, and you need the services a professional with it.
Now, there are a number of companies in the market that offer high quality vinyl car wrap templates. Some of the best include SignSilo, The Bad Wrap and Pro Vehicle Outlines. If you are looking for up-to-date templates at the lowest prices for quality better than a paint job, SignSilo is the best vehicle wrap company for you. SignSilo has over 20,000 high quality vehicle template files in their library, which includes cars, trucks and vans models from the past 40 years. They have an unbeatable plan, which grants 1 year access as well as 25 downloads per month for only $99 annually. Millions of other visual resources are also available in the website such as high resolution photos, graphics, vectors, fonts and pre-designed artwork for vehicle wraps.
Vehicle vinyl wraps have been growing in popularity since the 1950s. They were first offered as cosmetic enhancement. Eventually, they were designed to protect cars and advertise businesses. As a response, more manufacturers produced more colors and easy to install, durable materials. This paved the way for graphic designers to create the best of their work, using everything made available by the industry’s progress.
Now, a number of websites offer graphic designers and sign makers a lot of resources to help them create a design that their clients will love. If you don’t know where to look, here are top 3 of the best websites on vinyl graphics for vehicle wrapping:
- SignSilo. Complete and budget-friendly, the vehicle wrap company is one of the best places you can go if you want to design a vinyl vehicle wrap straightaway. They feature a robust catalogue of car wrap templates, so you will surely find what you are looking for. They also have a convenient and affordable buying system, and some other cool features such as:
- A great template finding tool
- Over 20,000 vehicle templates files
- 1:20 scale on all templates
- High quality and accurate 5 sides templates
- Multiple formats: CDR, AI, DXF and EPS
- Monthly updates on templates to cover the latest car, truck and van models
- Free tester files
- Extra visual resources: photos, vectors, fonts and pre-designed artwork
All these are available with the monthly and annual templates subscription plans. For 25 template downloads per month, you only have to pay $39. To save more, get the annual subscription for as low as $179.
- Pro Vehicle Outlines. With a serious and well-rounded offer, it is hard not to include Pro Vehicle Outlines in the top vinyl vehicle wrap design sources. They have a library filled with rich and up to date templates. There are also tutorials and FAQs in the website. Their user-friendly search tool will surely help you find the templates you are looking for easily and quickly. Other features include:
- Convenient buying options
- Over 10,000 car wraps templates
- 1:20 scale on templates
- AI files
- Regular updates on the latest vehicle model templates
- 24/7 customer service and toll-free technical support
- Free sample gallery of vinyl car wraps designs
All these are available with their annual subscription plan for $399. If you want, you can also get the Pro Version, which includes a flash drive and a 160-page template reference book, for $499. There is also a bonus vector wrap collection priced at $79.99 for customizable vector artwork.
- The Bad Wrap. For a la carte and custom-made car wraps templates, The Bad Wrap is the best resource. They offer services based on their patented graphics design software, which is specifically designed for vinyl car wraps. Here are other details about the company:
- Over 4,000 templates
- Video tutorials, technical support
- 720 dpi templates at 10% scale
- TIF files creates in Photoshop
- Regular updates with latest car models
- Wrapulator for quick pricing estimates
- Custom vehicle templates with 4 day turnaround
- Free car wrap sample files
All these can be yours for $699 per year or $1199 for two years. You can also buy a la carte at $30 per template.
If you want to tap on the advertising business and the opportunities it creates, find a vehicle wrap company that fits your design needs and budget. Great vinyl vehicle graphics is the key to successful vehicle wrapping. If you want to make your clients happy, make sure your designs look better than a paint job.